Getting ThereBook Now!
King Island in Bass Strait is halfway between Victoria and Tasmania. The only method of transport to the island is via air - a 50 minute flight from either direction.
King Island Airways located at Moorabbin: www.kingislandair.com.au
Regional Express (REX) located at Melbourne Airport: www.rex.com.au
From Devonport or Burnie (Wynyard)
Naracoopa is situated on the East Coast - about a 30 km drive on our quiet roads from the airport and the main town of Currie. A Rental car will be necessary and can be obtained from either one of King Island’s fine car rental establishments.
Cheapa Island Car Rental. Phone: (03) 6462 1603
King Island Car Rental. Phone: (03) 6462 1282
View Larger Map
Start address: King Island Airport
End address: Beach Rd (The Esplanade) Naracoopa via Currie
- Start at: King Island Airport
- Head west toward Morrison Ave - 0.2 km
- Turn left at Morrison Ave - 0.8 km
- Turn right at Don Kendell Dr - 1.6 km
- Turn left at North Rd - 5.5 km
- Stop at Currie to pick up supplies
- Turn left at Westpac bank - 26 km
- Turn left at Forest St - 0.2 km
- Turn left at Beach Rd (The Esplanade) -1 km
- Arrive at: Naracoopa Holiday Units - Total drive time 30 minutes.
For further information, please visit the official King Island website: www.kingisland.org.au